Head of Sales
About the Role
The role of Head of Sales is a strategically significant one, as a position joining 6 others in the senior management team of the company. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, who is driven, highly motivated, passionate about customer satisfaction, processes and ultimately being part of a team creating great products and places.
We are growing from building around 90 homes in 2017 to 200 homes next year. The sales process will transition from a traditional property sales method towards an online platform, supported with strong personal relationships from within the sales team who can help and advise on the process. The Experience Centre that we’re constructing will act as a central focal point for customers and the public in understanding our product.
The role will involve strategy and implementation of the sales processes with responsibility for its success.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Developing the sales strategy for the company with a focus on customer satisfaction
• Leading, managing and developing a team of sales, lettings and property management professionals
• Helping set and achieve sales in line with company targets for each development, and managing customer care from reservation through to the end of the defects period.
• Building Citu’s reputation with lenders, valuers and other property professionals with the aim of continuously reducing valuation risk with customers mortgage products and valuations
• Production of monthly management reports
More About You
We are looking for a talented person with a thorough understanding of business, who is proven in their field, ambitious and passionate about making a difference.
You will be decisive and strong willed, confident of leading from the front where you will make a big difference in delivering a worthwhile change to the way we plan and build our cities.
A self-starter, you’ll be positive and have a strong strategic view and methodology for successfully challenging the status quo.
You’ll be active, and adaptable, with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Proven success in similar leadership role in a progressive organisation
• In depth understanding of the property market, the valuation and legal process and how to improve from the status quo
• Commitment to customer satisfaction and understanding of customer care and methods of delivery
• Proven track record in a results based property sales built around personal relationships
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent command of the English language with poise and mastery of language in expression.
• Minimum degree level qualification
• Likely to have professional qualifications in professional sales.
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately. The closing date for applications is 31st May 2017.
Competitive salary commensurate with individual’s experience.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: