Multi Skilled Tradesmen (Joinery Biased)
About the Role
As the company enters the next chapter, the expansion of the team creates a great opportunity for ambitious, talented, and passionate individuals to join the team at Citu and to embark on the challenge of changing the way our properties are constructed. This unique role requires a qualified Site Joiner that also has the ability and desire to carry out other elements of the house assembly process such as plumbing and electrics. The complete team when formed will have a balance of other qualified trades such as Carpentry, Plumbing and Boarding.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Able to carry out, 1st, 2nd & 3rd fix site joinery
• Able and willing to carry out other trades during the assembly such a plumbing, carpentry or decorating.
• Mentor and train apprentices and new team members.
• Liaise with material support to ensure all relevant materials are available and presented to quality standards when required.
• To uphold and improve level of quality required during the assembly process – Ensure high levels of quality passed to next customer.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally disciplined individual who is proven in their field and who thrives on producing high quality work and continuously improving our systems and processes.
You will have an interest in changing the way houses are assembled and techniques to enhance this, you are motivated by quality craftsmanship and getting things right the first time.
You’ll be positive and able to work as part of a small team, with excellent communication skills. You will be passionate about mentoring and training new members of the team specifically apprentices, teaching them the very best methods available.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• 5 years’ minimum in 1st, 2nd and 3rd fix joinery installations
• NVQ level 2 diploma in site joinery or equivalent qualification is essential
• You will be highly motivated with the ability to problem solve
• Hold a current CSCS card
• Must have a flexible approach to work
• Must be an outstanding team player.
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives.
• You will be based out of the Manufacturing facility near Leeds dock and working on the Climate Innovation District sites also alongside Leeds Dock
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: