Senior Project Manager - Developments
About the Role
As a Development Senior Project Manager your responsibilities will include delivering every project on time within budget and scope.
The role will provide a professional project management service supporting the business and manage change effectively and efficiently using Citu’s project management methodology. The Project Manager will manage projects to satisfactory conclusion within pre-defined timescales, budgets and quality standards where the risks from implementation of new ideas and systems are contained. This includes managing the expectations of the business and ensuring that project risks are highlighted and managed appropriately.
You will have a proven background in project management and business skill, budgeting and analysis. A track record in construction or property related projects is beneficial but not a requirement.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Coordinate internal and contractor resources for the flawless execution of Development projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop and manage detailed project plans and track progress using Citu’s bespoke process mapping.
• Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Build and manage relationships with all stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Assist with financial analysis / appraisal / cash-flow of development projects.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally disciplined individual who is proven in their field and who thrives on perfection and compliance in continuously improving the performance of projects.
You will have an interest in construction and will be motivated by the detail of getting things right.
You will be passionate about getting the best out of the people and projects you oversee, and thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
You’ll be positive, and precise and able to work as part of a small team, with excellent communication skills.
You will be able to think quickly when problems arise, plan and realign project resources to achieve the optimum results possible.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Experience within a construction, property or design environment would be preferred but not essential.
• A proven track record in the implementation of project management methodologies and tools.
• Proven project coordination within a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to show flexibility of communication style, with the same stakeholder that is appropriate to different situations e.g. project development versus project completion.
• Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: