Site Manager - Leeds
About the Role
The company is looking for a progressive and experienced Site Manager who is comfortable in all aspects of construction from assisting in pre-construction, to breaking ground on day 1 to handing over a set of keys to the customer upon completion. The candidate must have the ambition and determination to stay the distance and be open to embracing new ways of delivering projects.
As our Site Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations on site, upholding Citu’s cultural values in all aspects of your role. You will be responsible for ensuring the safe management of all site operations in line with statutory requirements and Citu procedures whilst maintaining programme targets and ensuring high quality standards at all times.
You will be required to manage Citu’s direct labour, subcontractors and suppliers ensuring that adequate site management is present at all times. You will proactively review designs for buildability in line with the programme. Regular feedback to the Head of Construction in respect of Safety, Quality, Commercial, Programme and Citu’s housing system will be required.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
Some of the other skills that your role requires:
• SMSTS trained
• Proactive approach to health and safety – educate first approach
• Implementation of health and safety management systems on site
• Review and create risk assessments and method statements prior to commencement
• Develop and ensure the Construction Phase Plan is adhered to and regularly updated
• Complete regular health and safety inspections
• Deliver site inductions
• Knowledge and use of quality management systems – responsible for QA/QC on site
• Appointed Person trained (lifting) beneficial
• Temporary Works management trained/ experience beneficial
• First Aid trained
• Short term programming and re-sequencing to meet programme objectives
• Reporting to Head of Construction and Commercial Manager as required
• Weekly progress reports to be kept and issued to the team
• Daily diary to be kept
• Responsibility for adherence to CDM Regulations & other statutory regulations on a day to day basis
• Committed to eliminating waste, of all kinds, on the Project
More About you
• You are likely to be qualified to degree level in a construction or engineering discipline or you will have substantial experience showing responsibility and drive.
• You inspire the workforce through providing clear direction and firm decision making. You have strong organisational skills.
• You continually strive to improve your colleagues and collaborators by setting an example and through mentoring.
• You go the extra mile to ensure the required goals are met.
• You invest yourself fully in delivering on your work in order to support your team.
• You’re humble and tactful in professional relationships, taking people with you and finding solutions to problems
• You have a record of commitment and excellence.
• You have demonstrated drive by accomplishing complex, time-sensitive tasks.
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. A typical site day will be 7.30am until 5pm.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Kath@citu.co.uk