Supply Chain Manager
About the Role
The role of the Supply Chain Manager will be to coordinate and control the movement of goods, materials and information from suppliers through to the final customer, to deliver a high performing sustainable supply chain.
They will be responsible in leading the procurement, implementation and development of group sourcing arrangements for key building materials and plant equipment.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
Supply Chain Strategy
• Create the supply chain strategy to optimise our manufacturing and site assembly process
• Create the internal processes and procedures to efficiently link the supply, manufacture and assembly and sales activities
• Adopt the correct managerial focus to create alignment between the supply chain and business strategy by focusing on total cost of ownership
• Create a roadmap to reduce the supply chains carbon footprint
• Assist in the correct choice of technology to support the planning and purchasing functions
Sales & Operations Planning
• Ensure the business is working to one aligned agenda, with one set of priorities, and managed by one set of numbers
• Demand planning and understanding variability and risks in the pipeline
• Supply planning assess the ability to meet demand by reviewing all resource requirements and available capacity and financial considerations
• Plan the daily works orders and production plans for manufacturing and assembly
• Ensure, that the Company has available resources, labour and materials, with which to fulfil its commitments.
Supplier Development & Relationship Management
• Lead the process of supplier selection and development to create a robust partnership approach to deliver the optimal supply chain solution
• Create two way communications between CITU and the supplier to jointly manage the relationship
• Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements
• Manage and negotiate contracts through effective contract compliance
• Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group track and report market trends/fluctuations in key material.
• To ensure that purchased materials, products and services conform to prescribed CITU requirements and quality standards, are available when needed and can be handled, used or deployed in a safe manner.
• To ensure that all non-production materials / services have an approved requisition before the purchase order is raised.
• To ensure, that the correct materials are ordered from an approved supplier, having identified quantity requirements via MRP / stock control.
• To manage the impact of any product changes so that the right products are available for build at the correct time and at the correct price.
• Create an effective process to ensure, that all materials / goods delivered onto the site are received, verified and stored conforming to the prescribed quality and H&S requirements
• Stock control to ensure, that the stock figures used in the MRP process are accurate
• Element dispatch to ensure, that all finished floor & roof cassettes, wall panels and ancillary materials are stored, packaged, labelled and delivered safely, undamaged and per regulatory and assembly requirements
• Effectively manage and outline the Site Requisitions and Ancillaries Items Process for Ordering and Delivery of Parts to the assembly site
More about you
We are looking for a naturally self-motivated individual who is proven in their field and who has a professional attitude and approach to work.
You’ll be positive, and precise and able to work as part of a small team, with excellent negotiation, networking skills and communication skills.
You will have an ability to work confidently and build relationships.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Ideally you will have procurement experience within the construction materials sector.
• Knowledge of best practice supply chain management/category management tools.
• Strong industry and sector knowledge.
• Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
• Proven experience of effectively managing time in order to meet deadlines.
• Have or be working towards a professional procurement qualification (MCIPS).
• Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: