Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
About the Role
The primary role of the Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician is to maintain and develop assets and processes to produce advanced closed timber frame panels, while developing manufacturing systems to enhance production performance.
You will maintain machine utilisation and production capability by means of preventative maintenance, and develop asset performance & capability by improving asset design maintenance procedures.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Production Support – maintain machines and data systems, prioritise breakdowns, maintain all hand tools, service, and maintenance requirements.
• Be responsible for all contractors working on site, ensuring that they comply fully with H&S policy & procedural instruction.
• Complete all equipment checks specified for effective H&S and submit the results to the specified timetable (i.e. lifting equipment, ladder, LEV etc)
• Machine and equipment repair and servicing to ensure optimum reliability.
• Maintain all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic systems.
• Challenge the current OEE position and strive for continuous improvement.
• Be responsible for maintaining and purchasing adequate stock levels of spare parts & equipment.
• Ensure that all machine and equipment service manuals are kept fully up to date and include all modification work.
• Assist in creating SOP’s and training materials for all assets.
• Champion the on-going application and development of all processes.
• Support the development of (CAD)/CAM systems interface to enhance design and manufacturing integration.
• Take responsibility for the repair and maintenance of the building, site and facilities.
• Lead operator training for TPM and machine & equipment operational awareness.
• Pursue improvement projects that improve the performance, reliability and cost effectiveness of the business assets.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally disciplined individual who is proven in their field and who thrives on compliance in continuously improving our systems and processes.
You will have an interest in construction technology and techniques and will be motivated by the detail of getting things right.
You’ll be positive, and precise and able to work as part of a small team, with excellent communication skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• You will have a high technical calibre, or have an approved Electrician or Mechanical qualification.
• Understanding of BASIC, SCADA, VB and plc’s
• Understanding of CAD/CAM systems, client, and data management.
• Familiar with PLC controlled equipment, servo drives, Inverters, Pneumatics and hydraulics,
• Experience with editing, fault finding using PLC programme
• Ideally you will have experience working within a process industry, or with automotive engineering procedures (PFMEA, Cpk, OEE, TPM, Kaizen etc.)
• Experience in process & production ramp up required.
Hours and environment
• The ‘usual’ working hours are 7am-3:30pm.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: