Lead Timber Frame Erector
About the Role
The primary role of the Lead Timber Frame Erector is to lead all onsite operations, including lift planning, timber frame erection and site carpentry activities.
This is a hands-on role within a small but highly efficient team, primarily assembling the Citu House advanced timber frame system but will also involve site carpentry and factory base activities manufacturing the timber systems to install.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Take the lead in support of the daily objectives.
• Schedule adherence, and continuous improvement, quality circle, start up and close operations.
• Identify issues and feedback to the design team & Production Manager and help resolve them where unable to provide solution without support.
• Liaise with material support to ensure all relevant materials available and presented to quality standards when required.
• Complete and ensure all process documentation where applicable (milestone signoff, product travellers, quality records, near miss reporting forms and improvement suggestions.
• To champion the level of quality required to ensure the advanced system performs as designed – Ensure high level of quality passed to next customer.
• Be actively involved in Quality improvement activities both onsite and in the factory.
• Mentor and train new team members to help compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for all inspection / quality of items you produce.
• Support the Site Manager with Risk Assessments and identification of H&S related issues.
• Lead Health and Safety CI activities to achieve zero LTA goal.
• Ensure all H&S reporting is maintained to objective standard.
• Full compliance with all PPE and H&S instruction/training.
• Assisting with the implementation of lean methodologies to a construction site environment.
• Understanding and improving assembly capacity.
• Embrace and lead 5S audits and corrective action plans. Set the standards and ensure they are sustained within the site operations and within the factory.
• Identify non value add activities and create suggestions to remove.
• Manage scrap & recyclable material whilst leading waste elimination within team.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally disciplined individual who is proven in their field and who has a willing to continuously improve.
You will be a natural perfectionist who is careful, and have a passion for getting things right whilst being humble and unassuming.
You’ll be positive, precise with an eye for details, and able to work as part of a small team, and possess excellent communications skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Experienced Timber Frame Erector with 2 years’ experience.
• Site carpentry experience.
• Setting out from drawings.
• Factory operations experience.
• Good understanding of quality standards.
• IOSH or equivalent qualification would be beneficial.
• Lift supervisor and slinger qualified would be advantageous.
• CSCS qualified.
Hours and environment
• The ‘usual’ working hours are 7am-3:30pm.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: