Digital Content Manager
About the Role
You will be joining a newly formed digital & marketing team with one mission: to bring our purpose to life across all our digital channels.
With a number of large projects that focus on delivering new capability and platforms, the Digital Content Manager role is critical to the successful delivery of the digital strategy for Citu in 2017 and beyond.
You will report directly into the Head of Digital & Marketing who will oversee your role.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Understanding digital campaign life cycle, brand messaging, calls to action, direct response and integrated marketing strategies throughout channels
• Working with the Head of Digital & Marketing to develop and oversee the strategy for all content; from digital and display advertising to social media (across segments and markets including thematic content, resourcing delivery content; determining type of content needed)
• SEO optimisation across all digital channels
• Defining metrics and measuring success of content using internal and external analytics; constantly improving and innovating content
• Supporting execution through agencies and/or internal resources
• Creativity and “think big” perspective to bring ideas to the overall brand strategy
More about you
We are looking for a naturally optimistic and creative individual who is proven in their field and with a passion for making a difference.
You’ll be precise and decisive, active and alert with a logical mind and excellent attention to detail.
You will also be able to work as part of a small team, and have excellent communication skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in marketing or communications
• 2+ years of digital marketing and/or branding experience
• Experience of using our CMS Umbraco
• SEO optimisation experience including key word research knowledge
• Experience of using data, and analytics to drive better ROI measures toward building digital campaigns
• Experience using digital channels (Programmatic, Display, Web, Offline and Email) to launch and optimize campaigns to meet business goals.
• Passion for developing campaigns over short, medium and long-term while balancing the need to drive immediate impact when required
• The ability to interpret and deliver briefs to the highest standard
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: