About the Role
The role of Estates Manager is an important and strategic one to help us provide an efficient customer experience for both residential and commercial residents. The role would report into the Head of Sales, Lettings & Property Management.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, highly motivated and inspired about delivering an innovative approach to our estate management process.
At Citu we have been planning great developments for a number of years and have now acquired land and obtained planning consent for over a million square feet of development, comprising new build housing, offices and leisure space.
In order to deliver the highest environmental performance in our buildings, we have embarked on a policy of vertically integrating all the key components into the business, from design, manufacturing and on-site construction operations, challenging the usually fragmented way of constructing.
We have developed a new timber framed housing solution and now have a factory that constructs the envelopes, walls and floors of our housing products, with an ambition to integrate more into the factory as we make further progress.
The role must have a full understanding of residential & commercial building management and the legislation that surrounds it. Alongside this, the role must also have the ability to balance the requirements of residents and the business through effective professional communication.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities by creating exemplar, innovative developments that create a ripple effect. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the regions city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion in 2017 and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Smooth day to day running and management of all Citu estates including both residential and commercial property.
• Ensure effective delivery to all residents.
• Produce and monitor service charge budgets, receipts and ensure arrears are minimised through collection.
• Creation of financial reporting for service charges.
• Ensure compliance with all regulations.
• Management of contracts and internal relationships relating to service charge items inclusive of obtaining quotes, instructing works and monitoring performance.
• Matters relating to the maintenance and repair of individual buildings.
• Line management of onsite caretaking staff.
• An active and visual member of all residents’ committees.
• Responsible for all energy assets including maintenance and budgets.
• Point of contact for any energy related queries with the backup of additional resourced teams.
• High levels of standards to be upheld across all estates.
• Collection of Ground Rents.
More about you
We are looking for a self-controlled, logical and disciplined individual who is proven in their field, ambitious and passionate to make a difference in the work that they do.
A self-starter, you’ll be energetic positive and have a strong strategic view and methodology for successfully challenging the status quo.
You’ll be active, flexible and adaptable as part of a small team, with excellent communication and presentation skills and a thorough understanding of business.
You’ll have an exemplary track record of successful delivery and progress in your field and will have developed a curiosity and knowledge about better ways of delivery.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• 5+ years in estate management, ideally in both residential and commercial, however residential is essential.
• A full understanding of Residential & Commercial Building Management legislation.
• Ability to perform without the need of close management.
• Close attention to detail.
Hours and environment
• Our usual office hours are 9:00 to 17:30, although we do offer a flexible working policy (post-probation period) that focusses on results rather than the location or hours that are worked.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: