Production Team Leader, Site Assembly (2 posts - Leeds and Sheffield)
To help lead the change in the way our homes are constructed by assisting the Operations team with the daily running of the onsite assembly of our high performing housing systems. This will be achieved through the day to day effective leadership & mentoring of a multi-skilled assembly team and some sub contract staff.
The role is key to creating stability in the 4 M’s, manpower, machinery / tools, materials, and methods of the onsite assembly process and then to drive continuous improvement by using manufacturing methodologies to the assembly of our houses, whilst maintaining KPI targets, and high standards of safety and quality and team development.
There are two posts available – one is based in Leeds, one is based in Sheffield.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious, and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our manufacturing facility at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• Manpower, create and maintain a highly motivated, multi skilled and well trained team.
• Materials, continuously communicating with the procurement & commercial teams to ensure materials are at the point of use when required and at the right quantity.
• Methods, assist creating standard methods of work such as Standard Operating Procedures & Job breakdown sheets.
• Machinery/ tools, ensure that machinery & tooling is maintained and available at the point of use when needed and is capable of meeting capacity requirements.
• Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards.
• Make certain all quality records are completed appropriately at each process.
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
• Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities.
• Identify business continuous improvement opportunities.
Competencies and Experience
• You are likely to have significant production management skills gained in a substantial operation.
• Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing techniques.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
• Knowledge of Quality standards such as ISO9001.
• Experience assisting and developing a multi-skilled team.
• Strong PC skills, experience with planning tools such as ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous.
• Diploma in Leadership would be advantageous.
• Exercise considerable initiative in work methods by interpreting and delegating work requirements and goals.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lead by example, gain respect from the team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities.
• Good understanding of people & team related development
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Competitive salary commensurate with individual’s experience.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: