Timber Frame Designer
About the Role
The company is looking for an experienced Timber Frame Designer to support superior design and development processes within Citu manufacturing.
As Timber Frame Designer your aim will be to provide products and components which surpass functionality, manufacturability and production assembly targets in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion next year and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
• You must be able to proactively review design for readiness in line with the programme.
• Maintain (and develop) the Design CAD/CAM system with standard library components.
• Liaison with external partners such as Architects & Structural Engineers to ensure suitability and compliance of new/updated products.
• Support the development, testing and accreditation of new products.
• Produce and co-ordinate CAD/CAM files and data for manufacture and assembly of prototype products and components.
• Ensure all designs address HS&E requirements
• Optimise designs to achieve product Quality, Cost and Environmental targets.
• Assist with development and updating of the project design release schedule.
• Production of project specific manufacture & Production installation drawings.
• Following design procedures and using project design information, produce accurate manufacture drawings.
• Raise and resolve any queries identified from the design process with relevant parties in a timely manner.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally logical and factual individual who thrives on compliance and continuously improving our systems and processes.
You will have an interest in construction technology and techniques and will be motivated by the detail of getting things right.
You’ll be persistent, modest and accommodating, and be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Ideally qualified to HND in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction design.
• Design experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Timber frame design experience ideally using software such as, Consultec, Mitek or HSB CAD.
• Good understanding of construction materials.
• Ideally familiar with Automotive design principles such as DFMA.
• Ideally three years post qualification experience.
• Excellent AutoCAD skills.
• BIM conversant.
Hours and environment
• We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
• We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: